Jan

MMA Basics (Striking Technique) – Keeping Elbows In – Solo Drill

MMA Basics – Striking Technique

I’ve been wanting to share this drill with you for a while and this week I finally had a chance to get it ready. I’m excited because I know that it will really help you in your training.

Do this drill and you’ll punch with much more power while using less effort; Your punches will land more often because you won’t be telegraphing your attacks before you do them; Plus your defensive abilities will improve especially when up against an opponent that throws a lot of body kicks and body punches.

How so?

Because it will train you to keep your elbows in close to your body before, during and after your punching attacks.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Train hard!

Master the basics and jump start your training with my MMA QuickStart training program.

If you want to receive many other training tips, videos and my FREE “Developing the KO Punch” EBook sign up for my “Fight Crew” Mailing list. Just enter your name and email address in the box located on the top right side of this page =======>”

Comments

1. Edd says:

Very creative! I’m always looking for different ways to learn & teach basic technique and you never fail to disappoint. Just one comment. You may not be aware that there is a gap between 6:25 and 9:38. Other than that, it’s awesome.

Thanks Edd for the feedback and I’m glad you liked the vid….and thanks for finding the video error. That last part isn’t supposed to be there. I’ll have to reedit it.

3. Matt Pannill says:

wow this is pretty cool,, I will be doing this everyday, It really helped thanks man.

4. Rodney says:

Tight work, man!

5. Devon says:

Another nice drill in the books. I learned this one from my first boxing coach years ago and I continue to share it with others.
    Thanks for reminding me that it is an important drill to revisit from time to time. I think I’ll do some now!

6. Anthony says:

Great video! people do not understand how important body mechanics is. This is a perfect drill for a beginner. This way, you don’t start off with bad habits

7. Ron says:

Jeff that video is awesome! So simple yet very easy to see how and why it works so effectively. My instructor always told me to “punch as if you were in a phone booth” , this video finally drove the message home for me. Thanks

8. Jeff Mann says:

I love how you emphasize the basics in your videos. Thanks for all the great information Jeff!

9. Barrett says:

Thanks Jeff basics are the true secret thank you for the info.quite helpful. great detail.

10. Peter says:

very informative and well explained. thanks for posting!

11. brent says:

really enjoyed observing the drill the basics are just that the basics learn them well and the rest will come that guys analogy of sparring in a phone booth was good as well sometimes while coaching or teaching it is simple things like this that make a difference the light bulb came on after watching this mnay thanks