Jun

Hamilton MMA – Joslin’s Mixed Martial Arts – Boxing/Kickboxing/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/MMA

Growing up, I lived above my fathers martial arts (MMA) school in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It was a lot of fun living there. It also made me a little cooler with the kids from school as I was the only guy that had a wrestling ring –we were all into the WWF back then–  in the basement.

The house and the school, Joslin’s Mixed Martial arts, have gone through many changes since it opened way back in 1967. In this video, I’ll take you on a tour of my childhood home and the place where my martial arts training began a long time ago in a galaxy far,far,away…

Comments

1. Oscar says:

Cool stuff man, wish I was living on top of a martial art school!

2. Chris A says:

I know you don’t remember me Jeff….but I trained kickboxing at your gym in the 80′s.I remember going thru the front door and your grandpa was working the front office..i was 16 yrs old.I lived in the Falls and my dad took there.I met your dad and he gave me a discount cause I traveled so far.I remember the small universal gym and the leg stretcher in the front before you enter the dojo.And the change room was downstairs.I remember the martial arts books you sold out front by He IL Cho..the tae kwon do master….I used to skim thru that book every time i went to class..il love kicking.I also remember the ring being so high off the ground I sometimes thought my head was going to hit the ceiling…lol… I had some awesome workouts during that time.I remember your dad teaching some of the kickboxing classes….I never had much focus mitt experience……so your dad went around the room and then it was my turn…he held the mitt out in front of me and when I went to jab at it he smashed in the side of my head with the other mitt….welcome to JOSLIN’s!!!!!….lol

3. Chris Z says:

Very interesting Jeff. Great video.

4. kayla penner says:

Hey jeff! I like what you guys did to the place. I remember coming in to the place 7 years old and everyone was alot bigger then me. I remember that place was my second home considering i was there 6 days a week training. I remember when i got my competion jacket going to all the tournaments and demonstrations. It was alot of fun now i have 3 kids and 21 cant wait to have my kids go there tooo. It would bring back alot of memories.

Hi Kayla,

Time flies! Good to hear from you and congrats on the family you’ve got there. That’s awesome!

Drop by Joslin’s anytime.

6. Mike M says:

@ Jeff Joslin, what an excellent video. Something so simple, can tell so much about yourself, the club you train at, and your many memories. It was really enjoyed.

@ Chris A. – I had to laugh about hearing you smashed with a focus mitt by Rick. Fact is, I too have felt that same hand, and its what teaches us to block faster and keep those hands up. Was not a laughing at, rather then a laughing with. :)

7. Danny Vega says:

That seems like an awesome place to grow up, I wish I lived on top of my gym, I’d be down there everyday after school training. You’re videos have really helped me out a lot with my striking, I’ve always been more of a grappler, and you’re videos are helping me a lot to become the striker I’ve always wanted to be, and if I’m ever in Hamilton I’ll definitely make it a priority to stop by and train for a little while.

Thanks Danny for the comment. I’m really glad the videos are helping you out. Lots more to come. You’re welcome to drop by for a class anytime!

8. Tom Carol says:

I’m really interested how much does it cost to join?

9. Mr. Bhatti says:

Hey Jeff, I wanted to ask how much is it a month if I take Jiu-Jitsu and Boxing?