Apr

Lets Get It On MMA! – I’m Commentating

I recently did a screen test for the upcoming Canadian MMA Promotion called “Lets Get It on MMA!” in the hopes of landing a spot as one of the event commentators.

I got it!

This exciting MMA promotion is going to be awesome!

It’s using a tournament style format with the fighters that win their bouts on each card –which are being held every month — ¬†advancing to the next round of competition. The champion in both the welterweight and lightweight brackets will be decided inside the cage during the finals in December.

I’m heading out this week to work at the promotions first event which is being held in Edmonton, Alberta on Friday April 23, 2010.

It’s going to be a great night of fights!

For more info on this event and the promotion visit www.letsgetitonmma.com

Categories : Jeff's Stuff

Comments

1. Eric Wong says:

Awesome bro – way to go… can’t wait to see the fights!

2. Jeff Morris says:

Sounds awesome, and that’s not counting it being run by John McCarthy’s wife, which makes it all the more awesome.

Any idea if this is going to be broadcast live anywhere?

3. Tasha says:

Nice! Sounds like an amazing new fight series, glad it’s going to be on “regular” TV. Congrats on the new gig Jeff- look out Joe Rogan! :)

4. Fariba says:

Boyyyyy , you’re busy :-)
    congrats to you for conquering the position as one of the event commentators . I’m sure there was a big race for it …. looking forward to watching the show.

Thanks guys! I’m looking forward to it. Funny how my pre-fight prep has changed from cutting weight and peaking my training to getting a hair cut and buying a new suit.

Leaving tomorrow morning for Edmonton. I’ll post some updates!

6. Fariba says:

That is tooooooo funny ;-) Seeeeeee MMA can make you look pretty after all :-)

7. Tasha says:

Wow, that was cool! Ended up watching the ppv on line, the production was much better than I had expected, that glitch with the mikes during the wrap up aside. The production actually got better as the show went on, I guess everyone was just getting more comfortable with thier jobs. The fights were amazing, lots of great action! Far more exciting than anything I’ve seen out of the UFC in quite a while. Will probably just wait for the delayed TV broadcast for the rest of the series, but really looking forward to the rest of it. Kudos to you and the rest of the crew for a good show, and congrats to all the fighters, thanks for some bouts really worth watching! And Rogan definately needs to watch his back ;)

Thanks Tasha,

I haven’t got a chance to watch it all yet. I think it’s being broadcast this friday on CHCH. Looking forward to watching the 2 hour show and the internet version of the show. Man there was a lot going on behind the scenes to get it out to everyone live.

Thanks for the feedback!